Fundamental, a boutique philanthropic consulting firm, seeks a Grants Coordinator to work in-house with a health-related client on all aspects of operational and administrative support for their philanthropic programs. The Coordinator will be integrated into the client’s day-to-day operations, working with the client to administer and monitor grants. Such duties could include, but are not limited to:
Such duties could include, but are not limited to:
• Working with staff to manage a portfolio of institutional grants;
• Executing all grant-related administration, including:
- Tracking and inputting grant information and progress reports in database;
- Conducting grant monitoring, ensuring compliance on interim and final reports by grantees, and when needed, conducting program follow-up to ensure compliance; and
- Supporting staff in all components of grants management (developing RFP materials, drafting grant agreements and award letters, etc.).
• Conducting outreach to organizations and grantees, as requested, and acting as the main point of contact for key grant programs;
• Assisting the team with administrative tasks, such as drafting proposal summaries, preparing Board meeting materials; and
• Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree (minimum) with experience working in an office setting;
• Strong communication and research skills;
• An organized individual who is able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and calmly;
• A flexible and enthusiastic approach to work;
• Humility and grace to work effectively with others in a collaborative workplace on tasks large and small;
• Resourcefulness and ability to take initiative and produce self-directed work;
• Operates with discretion and confidentiality;
• Proficiency and speed in completing tasks and a high sense of urgency;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
• Prior experience with grant administration strongly preferred; and
• Knowledge of healthcare and/or the Los Angeles nonprofit landscape preferred.
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, September 15, 2017.
No phone calls, please.