Fundamental, a boutique philanthropic consulting firm, seeks a Philanthropic Advisor for our Beverly Hills office. The Philanthropic Advisor will work across multiple foundations and clients, collaborating with other members of the Fundamental team on all aspects of philanthropic strategy and foundation management.
Such duties could include, but are not limited to:
• Working in partnership with the Fundamental team to create and execute upon grantmaking strategies for several foundation clients;
• Requesting, reviewing, and responding to inquiries and proposals in various issue areas on behalf of our clients;
• Preparing incoming requests for client meetings on a weekly or bi-monthly basis;
• Writing summaries for grant requests and preparing dockets for foundation board meetings;
• Conducting due diligence on grants and tracking grants to ensure that funds are spent responsibly and according to grant agreement stipulations;
• Working with the Fundamental team to draft grant agreements, award letters and check letters for each grant made;
• Managing active grants, assessing their progress, and responding to financial and programmatic reports;
• Developing reports and briefings that summarize the impact of grantmaking for foundation clients;
• Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with current and prospective non-profit grantees;
• Tracking and inputting grant information and progress reports in Salesforce database; and
• Offering professional feedback and expertise to applicants and grantees.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree (minimum) with experience working in an office setting;
• Strong communication and research skills;
• An organized individual who is able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and calmly;
• A flexible and enthusiastic approach to work;
• Humility and grace to work effectively with others in a collaborative workplace on tasks large and small;
• Resourcefulness and ability to take initiative and produce self-directed work;
• Operates with discretion and confidentiality;
• Proficiency and speed in completing tasks and a high sense of urgency;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
• Prior experience with grant administration strongly preferred; and
• Knowledge of healthcare and/or the Los Angeles nonprofit landscape preferred.
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com by Friday, January 26, 2018.
No phone calls, please.